MCC News
NCC Banner

Police arraign man over theft of electrical toolbox

The police in Ado-Ekiti on Friday arraigned a 39-year-old man, Ayegbusi Ebenezer, for alleged unlawful entry and theft of items worth N200,000.

The defendant, of no fixed address, is standing trial on a two-count charge of unlawful entry and theft before an Ado-Ekiti chief magistrates’ court.

The prosecutor, Olubu Apata, told the court that the defendant committed the offences on August 22 at 2:00 p.m. in Ado-Ekiti.

He said the defendant unlawfully entered the residence of one Adeyemi Adewunmi and stole his belongings, an electrical toolbox valued at N200,000.

According to him, the offences contravene sections 322(b) and 302(1) (a) of the Criminal Law of Ekiti State, 2021.

He urged the court to adjourn the case to enable him to study the file and assemble his witnesses.

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge preferred against him.

Counsel to the defendant, Gboyega Abiola, urged the court to grant the defendant bail with a promise that he would not jump bail.

In her ruling, the chief magistrate, Taiwo Ajibade, granted the defendant N50,000 bail with two sureties in like sum.

She adjourned the case until September 25 for a hearing.

Related posts

Policeman shoots Judge in court after wife’s bail revoked

TOP Editor

Kidnapped Kogi LG chair regains freedom Kidnapped Caretaker Chairman of Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area in Kogi State, Zacheaus Dare, has regained his freedom. According to The PUNCH, the chairman and his aides were kidnapped along Kabba/Okene Road on Friday night. The Kogi State Police Public Relations Officer, William Aya, confirmed the incident on Saturday morning, stating that the abduction took place in the Kabba area. In a telephone update, Aya revealed that Chairman Dare managed to escape from the kidnappers, while his aides were taken to an unknown location. ” The kidnappers did not succeed in their bid to get hold of the chairman but his aides were not that lucky as they were whisked away,” Aya said. However, a statement released on Saturday by the Owe Political Forum announced that Chairman Dare had been released by his captors. The statement read, “We are pleased to share that the CTC Chairman, who was abducted by unknown assailants on the Kabba-Okene Expressway on August 2, 2024, has been safely released. “We extend our heartfelt gratitude to God for his safe return. We also want to express our sincere thanks to all members for their prayers and support throughout this ordeal. Your unwavering commitment and the dedicated efforts of the security forces were crucial in ensuring his release. “We continue to pray for the swift and safe release of his aides, asking that they be returned without harm as soon as possible.” The community remains hopeful for the safe return of the chairman’s aides, who are still in the hands of the kidnappers.

TOP Editor

Woman sells baby for N4m, receives only N600,000

Ade Philips

Omoniyi Ibietan, emerges Secretary-General of APRA

TOP Editor

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More