MCC News
NCC Banner

Kidnapped Kogi LG chair regains freedom Kidnapped Caretaker Chairman of Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area in Kogi State, Zacheaus Dare, has regained his freedom. According to The PUNCH, the chairman and his aides were kidnapped along Kabba/Okene Road on Friday night. The Kogi State Police Public Relations Officer, William Aya, confirmed the incident on Saturday morning, stating that the abduction took place in the Kabba area. In a telephone update, Aya revealed that Chairman Dare managed to escape from the kidnappers, while his aides were taken to an unknown location. ” The kidnappers did not succeed in their bid to get hold of the chairman but his aides were not that lucky as they were whisked away,” Aya said. However, a statement released on Saturday by the Owe Political Forum announced that Chairman Dare had been released by his captors. The statement read, “We are pleased to share that the CTC Chairman, who was abducted by unknown assailants on the Kabba-Okene Expressway on August 2, 2024, has been safely released. “We extend our heartfelt gratitude to God for his safe return. We also want to express our sincere thanks to all members for their prayers and support throughout this ordeal. Your unwavering commitment and the dedicated efforts of the security forces were crucial in ensuring his release. “We continue to pray for the swift and safe release of his aides, asking that they be returned without harm as soon as possible.” The community remains hopeful for the safe return of the chairman’s aides, who are still in the hands of the kidnappers.

Kidnapped Caretaker Chairman of Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area in Kogi State, Zacheaus Dare, has regained his freedom.

According to The PUNCH, the chairman and his aides were kidnapped along Kabba/Okene Road on Friday night.

The Kogi State Police Public Relations Officer, William Aya, confirmed the incident on Saturday morning, stating that the abduction took place in the Kabba area.

In a telephone update, Aya revealed that Chairman Dare managed to escape from the kidnappers, while his aides were taken to an unknown location. ”

The kidnappers did not succeed in their bid to get hold of the chairman but his aides were not that lucky as they were whisked away,” Aya said.

However, a statement released on Saturday by the Owe Political Forum announced that Chairman Dare had been released by his captors.

The statement read, “We are pleased to share that the CTC Chairman, who was abducted by unknown assailants on the Kabba-Okene Expressway on August 2, 2024, has been safely released.

“We extend our heartfelt gratitude to God for his safe return. We also want to express our sincere thanks to all members for their prayers and support throughout this ordeal. Your unwavering commitment and the dedicated efforts of the security forces were crucial in ensuring his release.

“We continue to pray for the swift and safe release of his aides, asking that they be returned without harm as soon as possible.”

The community remains hopeful for the safe return of the chairman’s aides, who are still in the hands of the kidnappers.

Related posts

Alleged N27bn fraud: Ex-Taraba gov Ishaku remanded in custody

TOP Editor

Police arrest eight secondary school students for alleged cultism

Ade Philips

Drug abuse: NANS advocates partnership with NDLEA to curb menace 

TOP Editor

NAFDAC cracks down on fake medicines in Anambra market

Abakpa David

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More