MCC News
NCC Banner

Abducted LG secretary escapes from captors

The Secretary of Munya Local Government Area in Niger State, Daina Usman, who was kidnapped on Thursday night, has regained his freedom after managing to escape from his captors.

Council Chairman, Aminu Najumei, confirmed the development on Friday, revealing that Usman took advantage of a moment when the bandits were searching for a hiding place to flee.

Reports indicate that the attack occurred around 10 p.m. in Sarkin Pawa, where armed assailants stormed Usman’s residence near a riverbank.

The gunmen abducted him along with his wife, two children, and another individual before moving them towards the Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State, a notorious escape route for criminal elements in the region.

According to security sources, Sarkin Pawa has been a frequent target for bandit attacks, while Chikun serves as a known hideout for kidnappers.

Upon receiving a distress call, a joint security task force, comprising military personnel from the Forward Operating Base in Sarkin Pawa, tactical police units, and local vigilante groups, launched an operation to track the criminals and secure the victims’ release.

Confirming the abduction, the spokesperson for the Niger State Police Command, Wasiu Abiodun, stated that efforts were ongoing to rescue Usman’s wife and children.

“He was abducted around 10 p.m. but managed to escape early this morning at about 3 a.m. Efforts to rescue the remaining victims are still in progress,” Abiodun said in a brief WhatsApp message.

Related posts

Reps moves to end prosecution immunity for vice president, governors

Ademide

Nigerians pay less for DStv than South Africans – ADNE

Ade Philips

JUST IN: Portable now in custody – Ogun Police Command confirm

Ade Philips

Kidnapped Kogi LG chair regains freedom Kidnapped Caretaker Chairman of Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area in Kogi State, Zacheaus Dare, has regained his freedom. According to The PUNCH, the chairman and his aides were kidnapped along Kabba/Okene Road on Friday night. The Kogi State Police Public Relations Officer, William Aya, confirmed the incident on Saturday morning, stating that the abduction took place in the Kabba area. In a telephone update, Aya revealed that Chairman Dare managed to escape from the kidnappers, while his aides were taken to an unknown location. ” The kidnappers did not succeed in their bid to get hold of the chairman but his aides were not that lucky as they were whisked away,” Aya said. However, a statement released on Saturday by the Owe Political Forum announced that Chairman Dare had been released by his captors. The statement read, “We are pleased to share that the CTC Chairman, who was abducted by unknown assailants on the Kabba-Okene Expressway on August 2, 2024, has been safely released. “We extend our heartfelt gratitude to God for his safe return. We also want to express our sincere thanks to all members for their prayers and support throughout this ordeal. Your unwavering commitment and the dedicated efforts of the security forces were crucial in ensuring his release. “We continue to pray for the swift and safe release of his aides, asking that they be returned without harm as soon as possible.” The community remains hopeful for the safe return of the chairman’s aides, who are still in the hands of the kidnappers.

TOP Editor

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More