MCC News
NCC Banner

39-year-old man in court over alleged N355, 000 visa fraud

A 39-year-old travel agent, Adedeji Adedapo, appeared before a Grade ‘A’ Customary Court in Ibadan on Tuesday, charged with visa fraud amounting to N355,000.

Adedapo, whose address was not provided, faces charges of obtaining money under false pretenses and theft. He pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutor Philip Amusan told the court that the offenses occurred in January 2023 in Ibadan. He alleged that Adedapo collected the money from Kofoworola Oladejo, promising to secure a United Kingdom visa but failed to do so.

Amusan stated that the offenses violate Sections 419 and 390 (9) of the Criminal Laws of Oyo State, 2000.

Court President Mrs. Moji Aworemi granted Adedapo bail of N350,000 with two sureties of the same amount. The case was adjourned until July 30 for hearing.

Related posts

Cholera claims 10 lives in Adamawa

TOP Editor

Kidnapped Kogi LG chair regains freedom Kidnapped Caretaker Chairman of Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area in Kogi State, Zacheaus Dare, has regained his freedom. According to The PUNCH, the chairman and his aides were kidnapped along Kabba/Okene Road on Friday night. The Kogi State Police Public Relations Officer, William Aya, confirmed the incident on Saturday morning, stating that the abduction took place in the Kabba area. In a telephone update, Aya revealed that Chairman Dare managed to escape from the kidnappers, while his aides were taken to an unknown location. ” The kidnappers did not succeed in their bid to get hold of the chairman but his aides were not that lucky as they were whisked away,” Aya said. However, a statement released on Saturday by the Owe Political Forum announced that Chairman Dare had been released by his captors. The statement read, “We are pleased to share that the CTC Chairman, who was abducted by unknown assailants on the Kabba-Okene Expressway on August 2, 2024, has been safely released. “We extend our heartfelt gratitude to God for his safe return. We also want to express our sincere thanks to all members for their prayers and support throughout this ordeal. Your unwavering commitment and the dedicated efforts of the security forces were crucial in ensuring his release. “We continue to pray for the swift and safe release of his aides, asking that they be returned without harm as soon as possible.” The community remains hopeful for the safe return of the chairman’s aides, who are still in the hands of the kidnappers.

TOP Editor

Excitement short-lived as $Davido loses 93% hours after launch

TOP Editor

No immunity for you – EFCC boss warns LG chairmen

Ade Philips

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More