MCC News
NCC Banner

Ekiti woman nabbed for allegedly assaulting nine-year-old son with pestle

Operatives of the Amotekun Corps in Efon-Alaaye, Ekiti State, have transferred a 43-year-old woman, Damilola Clement, to the police after she allegedly struck her nine-year-old son on the head with a pestle.

Adewale Adeleye, the Head of Communications for Amotekun, disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday, noting that the incident occurred at the suspect’s residence in Efon-Alaaye.

Clement, who hails from Akure in Ondo State, was said to have attacked her son following a disagreement over an undisclosed matter.

Reports indicate that she admitted to the act, claiming it was a form of punishment for the child’s repeated misconduct.

Authorities have since handed her over to the Efon-Ekiti Police Division for further investigation, while the injured child is receiving medical care at an undisclosed hospital in the area.

Related posts

Kidnapped Kogi LG chair regains freedom Kidnapped Caretaker Chairman of Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area in Kogi State, Zacheaus Dare, has regained his freedom. According to The PUNCH, the chairman and his aides were kidnapped along Kabba/Okene Road on Friday night. The Kogi State Police Public Relations Officer, William Aya, confirmed the incident on Saturday morning, stating that the abduction took place in the Kabba area. In a telephone update, Aya revealed that Chairman Dare managed to escape from the kidnappers, while his aides were taken to an unknown location. ” The kidnappers did not succeed in their bid to get hold of the chairman but his aides were not that lucky as they were whisked away,” Aya said. However, a statement released on Saturday by the Owe Political Forum announced that Chairman Dare had been released by his captors. The statement read, “We are pleased to share that the CTC Chairman, who was abducted by unknown assailants on the Kabba-Okene Expressway on August 2, 2024, has been safely released. “We extend our heartfelt gratitude to God for his safe return. We also want to express our sincere thanks to all members for their prayers and support throughout this ordeal. Your unwavering commitment and the dedicated efforts of the security forces were crucial in ensuring his release. “We continue to pray for the swift and safe release of his aides, asking that they be returned without harm as soon as possible.” The community remains hopeful for the safe return of the chairman’s aides, who are still in the hands of the kidnappers.

TOP Editor

I remain committed to prioritising Nigeria’s security – Tinubu

Abakpa David

Price hike violation: FCCPC sues Multichoice CEO

Abakpa David

Security guard arraigned for alleged theft of items worth N3.28m

Ade Philips

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More