Popular on-air personality, Nedu Wazobia, has broken his silence on the controversies surrounding his exit from The Honest Bunch podcast, insisting that he was not fired but chose to leave due to mounting criticism.
Speaking at a press conference in Lagos on Thursday, Nedu explained that his decision was driven by the constant backlash he faced. While acknowledging that people are entitled to their opinions, he maintained that public perception often shapes narratives, regardless of the truth.
“Rather than engaging in unnecessary arguments, I’ve chosen to step back from the show,” he stated.
Clarifying His Role on the Podcast
Addressing claims that he fueled controversies on The Honest Bunch, Nedu emphasized that his job was to facilitate engaging discussions.
“My role was to make guests feel comfortable and encourage open conversations. I asked thought-provoking questions to spark discussions, and I did that effectively,” he said.
The controversy began when comedian and reality star DeeOne alleged on the podcast that social media critic, VeryDarkMan (VDM), had been involved in intimate relationships with men. In response, VDM accused Nedu of orchestrating the claims and leaking private conversations between them.
VDM further alleged that Nedu had engaged in inappropriate behavior, revealing private details about women he had supposedly been with.
Following the uproar, Nedu stepped down from the podcast on February 14, though rumors circulated that he was forced out.
“I’m Done Being Nice”
Expressing his frustration, Nedu declared that he would no longer tolerate being taken for granted.
“I’m done being nice. People have used and exploited my kindness in the name of friendship,” he said.
“I’ve had enough. If you have my number, delete it. I no longer want to be reachable or accessible. I need to prioritize myself and my well-being. The nice Nedu is gone.”
His management team also condemned the allegations against him, describing them as malicious and unacceptable.
“These accusations are beyond petty drama; they are deliberate attacks on his character. Legal steps will be taken to address the false claims,” the team stated.